If you are interested in viewing any of the documents from the estates records, please contact the Archive Centre to arrange an appointment.
Click on an image to enlarge it.
The manor of Allerton Mauleverer in Yorkshire was granted to King's College not long after the Foundation by Henry VI, who allowed King's College to ignore the effects of the Resumption (6 Nov 1449) on their grant of reversions by the prior of Allerton Mauleverer after Robert Osbern's death (31 Jul 1441) thereby allowing the College to retain any profits accrued in the intervening period. The College later fell into dispute with local landowner Thomas Mauleverer over his rival claim to the land, and eventually sold the manor to him in 1544, using the money to purchase Barton in Cambridgeshire.
Please note: the Microsoft Word version of the catalogue is not kept as up-to-date as the ArchiveSearch version.
See below to download the MS Word catalogue or for links to:
- Catalogue of the estates records on ArchiveSearch
- North Yorkshire County Record Office
- West Yorkshire Archive Services
- East Riding of Yorkshire Archive Service
- East Yorkshire Family History Society
- GENUKI UK and Ireland Genealogy: Yorkshire Listing