We are delighted to announce that the Chapel reopened to visitors once again on May 18th. Choral services will remain closed to members of the public until a later date. More information can be found below.
Among the Chapel's many facets you will see an exhibition of the history of the College, the world's largest fan vaulted ceiling and the Adoration of the Magi by Rubens. In addition, outside you will be able to view the wildflower meadow on the back lawn, which was established in 2020, as well as the Xu Zhimo stone in the memorial garden.
All visits are self guided, and you are welcome to walk at your leisure. We kindly ask that you respect the space of others during your visit.
Admission Fees for the Chapel & Grounds:
|Ticket Type (per person)||Fee|
|Child (6-17yrs)||£8.00||Book here|
|Child (5 and under)||Free||Book here|
|Student (with valid ID)||£8.00||Book here|
|Cambridge University Member||Free||Book here|
|Annual Pass Holder||Free||Book here|
|Resident's Card Holder||Free||Book here|
We encourage you to purchase tickets in advance online.
All visit slots are subject to availability, and we are not able to guarantee that tickets will be available for purchase on the day. If you wish to purchase tickets in person, please visit King's College Visitor Centre (opposite King's College). Visitor numbers continue to be limited to ensure social distancing can be adhered to.
To access the temporary disabled route wheelchairs or mobility scooters must not exceed 26 inches (66cm) in width. The temporary disabled access ramp has a weight limit of 300kgs or 660lbs.
We regret that wheelchairs and mobility scooters are not able to access the exhibition.
Please see below for the Accessibility Guide.
Thank you for your interest in visiting King's College Chapel. At present safety is our highest priority and the visit around the Chapel has been reviewed to minimise risk whilst not compromising your experience.
Please take a moment to read through our Customer Charter below so you know what to expect when visiting:
• If you are feeling unwell or have any of the following COVID-19 symptoms: a fever, a new and persistent cough or a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste, please do not enter. Please do not put our students, staff, or other visitors at risk.
• Please remain in your visiting household group and keep children close.
• Hand hygiene is essential. Please make use of the hand sanitising stations located at the entrance and exit of the Chapel.
• Face coverings must be worn when visiting the Chapel. If you do not have one, they will be available free of charge at the entrance. Entry into the Chapel will not be permitted without a face covering on, unless you are medically exempt, or are under the age of 11.
• Entry and Exit will be via the North Entrance at Trinity Lane (Clare Gate).