- Tickets cost £9.00 or £6.00 (children and students).
- Group rate (10 or more people Mon - Fri only): £8.00 or £5.50 (children and students). For group bookings contact the Visitors Office: (+44) (0)1223 331212; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Admission is free for children under 12 when they are visiting with their family, or for school groups whose school is in Cambridgeshire and under the LEA or holds Academy status and receives no private funding.
- Please buy tickets at The King's College Visitor Centre, opposite the front of the College (see map below).
- July and August: please be advised that these are the busiest months of the year, and there may be queues to buy tickets at the weekends.
- Occasionally it may be necessary to close part of the Chapel to the public. In such circumstances the admission charge may be reduced.
- For Access statement please click here.
Please check the Chapel closures page before you visit.
|Time of year||Day||Opening times|
During College terms:
|Monday to Friday||9.30am - 3.30pm|
|Saturday||9.30am - 3.15pm|
|Sunday||1.15pm - 2.30pm|
Out of term
|Monday to Sunday||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|except Dec-Jan||9.30am - 3.30pm|
Important note: The Chapel is occasionally closed because of recordings, concerts and private ceremonies. Please check the Chapel closures page before you visit. During the Easter Term (April - June), which is the examination period in Cambridge, the grounds are closed to the public but you can still visit the Chapel.
During 2016 a major Organ Restoration project is underway. Work is being undertaken by Harrison and Harrison of Durham. The rebuilding of the organ starts on 3 May and continues throughout the summer. Gilding of the pipes will take place in the Chapel in May and June. From 25 July to end August, the organ will be voiced (tuned). Visiting times from 25 July – 10 September will be restricted to 9.30 am to 3.30 pm (last entry). Visitors will be asked to keep as quiet as possible from 1 pm. Please be aware of this when planning your visit. It may also be necessary to close the Chapel at short notice during this period.
Visitors will have 30 minutes from the last entry time shown before the Chapel is closed.
For term dates beyond December 2016 see the main Cambridge University website.
Where to enter
After buying your ticket from The Visitor Centre, please enter through the North gate of the Chapel (see map below)
There is a ramp at the South Porch of the Chapel, and the grounds have level paths of flagstones or shingle. If you need any help please ask a member of staff.
See Residents' cards.
If you require further information or wish to make a group booking, please contact the Visitors Office:
Tel: (+44) (0)1223 331212