- Tickets cost £9.00 or £6.00 (children and students).
Your ticket price includes a visit to the Chapel where you will see an exhibition of the history of the College, the world's largest fan vaulted ceiling and the Adoration of the Magi by Rubens. You will also have access to the College grounds (when open). Please note all other buildings are private.
- Buy tickets online at https://store.kings.cam.ac.uk/
- For group information please see http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/visit/group-bookings
For details of combined visits with Great St Mary's Church please contact
- Guided tours for groups are only available by booking directly with Visit Cambridge 01223 791501
- Admission is free for children 11 years and under when they are visiting with their family, or for school groups whose school is in Cambridgeshire and under the LEA or holds Academy status and receives no private funding.
- Please buy tickets at The King's College Visitor Centre, opposite the front of the College.
- Visitors and worshippers are not permitted to bring any bag, rucksack or suitcase into King’s College (and its Chapel) which would be larger than airline hand baggage (56cm x 45cm x 25cm, including handles, wheels and pockets). As there is no cloakroom facility please do not bring larger items with you.
- July and August: please be advised that these are the busiest months of the year, and there may be queues to buy tickets at the weekends.
- Occasionally it may be necessary to close part of the Chapel to the public. In such circumstances the admission charge may be reduced.
- For Access statement please visit https://www.accessibilityguides.org/content/kings-college
Guided tours of King's College Chapel
You can upgrade your entry ticket at the King's College Visitor Centre to include a guided tour of the Chapel with a qualified Cambridge City Guide.
Adults £6 (Entry ticket £9 + tour £6 = £15)
Students and Children £4 (Entry ticket £6 + tour £4 = £10)
Tours in October are available at 11 am and 12 noon on Saturdays only (6th, 13th, 20th and 27th October only).
Please contact for further details.
Please check the Chapel closures page before you visit.
|These are the College term dates:
16 January - 16 March 2018
During College terms these are the opening times:
Monday to Friday 9.30am - 3.30pm
Saturday 9.30am - 3.15pmSunday 1.15pm - 2.30pm
At all other times these are the opening times:
Monday to Sunday 9.30am - 4.30pm
(Except during December and January when the Chapel closes at 3.30pm)
Important note: The Chapel is occasionally closed because of recordings, concerts and private ceremonies. Please check the Chapel closures page before you visit. During the Easter Term (April - June), which is the examination period in Cambridge, the grounds are closed to the public but you can still visit the Chapel.
Visitors will have 30 minutes from the last entry time shown before the Chapel is closed.
Organ Tuning takes place regularly in the Chapel. The next scheduled dates are:
For term dates beyond December 2018 see the main Cambridge University website.
Where to enter
Winter (1 November to mid March) Please enter via the front gate on King's Parade.
Summer (mid March to end October) Please enter the Chapel at the North entrance. This can be accessed via Senate House Passage.
There is a ramp at the South Porch of the Chapel, and the grounds have level paths of flagstones or shingle. If you need any help please ask a member of staff.
See Residents' cards.
If you require further information or wish to make a group booking, please contact the Visitors Office:
Please note office open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday only.
Tel: (+44) (0)1223 331212