- Tickets cost £9.00 or £6.00 (children and students). Your ticket price includes a visit to the Chapel where you will see an exhibition of the history of the College, the world's largest fan vaulted ceiling and the Adoration of the Magi by Rubens. You will also have access to the College grounds (when open). Please note all other buildings are private.
- For group information please see http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/visit/group-bookings
- Guided tours are only available by booking directly with Visit Cambridge ">
- Admission is free for children 11 years and under when they are visiting with their family, or for school groups whose school is in Cambridgeshire and under the LEA or holds Academy status and receives no private funding.
- Please buy tickets at The King's College Visitor Centre, opposite the front of the College.
- July and August: please be advised that these are the busiest months of the year, and there may be queues to buy tickets at the weekends.
- Occasionally it may be necessary to close part of the Chapel to the public. In such circumstances the admission charge may be reduced.
- For Access statement please click here.
Thank you to National Lottery players promotion 14 and 15 December 2017
On 14 and 15 December 2017 King’s is taking part in a campaign which has been organised to say thank you to players of the National Lottery for the support that they have given to heritage. You will be able to get free entry to King’s College’s magnificent Chapel, beautiful College Library and stroll around those parts of the grounds which are open to the public by showing a valid National Lottery Ticket. King’s Library is currently in receipt of a grant of £44k from the Heritage Lottery Fund to work on a collection of its rare books. There will be a small exhibition in our early nineteenth-century Library showing some of the rare book treasures which are being worked on thanks to our HLF funding.
Terms and Conditions
• One National Lottery ticket provides free entry for the ticket holder and up to two guests.
• All National Lottery games qualify for free entry, including tickets from any National Lottery draw-based game or National Lottery Scratchcard. Proof of ticket can be paper or digital.
• The offer is valid on 14 and 15 December 2017. King’s College is open 9.30am to 3.30pm on both days.
• King’s College has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of unforeseen circumstances which close the College and its buildings including the Chapel and the Library.
• A valid Lottery ticket serves as an admission ticket and must to be shown and checked at the front gate, Chapel and Library by a member of King’s College staff.
Please check the Chapel closures page before you visit.
These are the College term dates:
3 October - 1 December 2016
During College terms these are the opening times:
Monday to Friday 9.30am - 3.30pm
Saturday 9.30am - 3.15pmSunday 1.15pm - 2.30pm
At all other times these are the opening times:
Monday to Sunday 9.30am - 4.30pm
(Except during December and January when the Chapel closes at 3.30pm)
Important note: The Chapel is occasionally closed because of recordings, concerts and private ceremonies. Please check the Chapel closures page before you visit. During the Easter Term (April - June), which is the examination period in Cambridge, the grounds are closed to the public but you can still visit the Chapel.
Visitors will have 30 minutes from the last entry time shown before the Chapel is closed.
Organ Tuning takes place regularly in the Chapel. The next scheduled dates are: 10 and 24 November and 20 December
For term dates beyond December 2017 see the main Cambridge University website.
Where to enter
Please enter the Chapel at the North entrance. This can be accessed via Senate House Passage.
There is a ramp at the South Porch of the Chapel, and the grounds have level paths of flagstones or shingle. If you need any help please ask a member of staff.
See Residents' cards.
If you require further information or wish to make a group booking, please contact the Visitors Office:
Please note office open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday only.
Tel: (+44) (0)1223 331212