- Tickets cost £9.00 or £6.00 (children and students). Your ticket price includes a visit to the Chapel where you will see an exhibition of the history of the College, the world's largest fan vaulted ceiling and the Adoration of the Magi by Rubens. You will also have access to the College grounds (when open). Please note all other buildings are private.
- Group rate (10 or more people Mon - Fri only): £8.00 or £5.50 (children and students). This is for a self-guided tour. For group bookings contact the Visitors Office: (+44) (0)1223 331212; firstname.lastname@example.org. Guided tours are only available by booking directly with Visit Cambridge ">
- Admission is free for children under 12 when they are visiting with their family, or for school groups whose school is in Cambridgeshire and under the LEA or holds Academy status and receives no private funding.
- Please buy tickets at The King's College Visitor Centre, opposite the front of the College (see map below).
- July and August: please be advised that these are the busiest months of the year, and there may be queues to buy tickets at the weekends.
- Occasionally it may be necessary to close part of the Chapel to the public. In such circumstances the admission charge may be reduced.
- For Access statement please click here.
Please check the Chapel closures page before you visit.
These are the College term dates:
3 October - 1 December 2016
During College terms these are the opening times:
Monday to Friday 9.30am - 3.30pm
Saturday 9.30am - 3.15pmSunday 1.15pm - 2.30pm
At all other times these are the opening times:
Monday to Sunday 9.30am - 4.30pm
(Except during December and January when the Chapel closes at 3.30pm)
Important note: The Chapel is occasionally closed because of recordings, concerts and private ceremonies. Please check the Chapel closures page before you visit. During the Easter Term (April - June), which is the examination period in Cambridge, the grounds are closed to the public but you can still visit the Chapel.
Visitors will have 30 minutes from the last entry time shown before the Chapel is closed.
Organ Tuning takes place regularly in the Chapel. The next scheduled dates are Monday 6 February, Monday 20 February, Wednesday 8 March, Friday 7 April and Friday 21 April.
For term dates beyond December 2016 see the main Cambridge University website.
Where to enter
From 1st November 2016: after buying your ticket from The Visitor Centre, please enter through the main gate opposite the Visitor Centre.
There is a ramp at the South Porch of the Chapel, and the grounds have level paths of flagstones or shingle. If you need any help please ask a member of staff.
See Residents' cards.
If you require further information or wish to make a group booking, please contact the Visitors Office:
Please note office open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday only.
Tel: (+44) (0)1223 331212