King's Affair preparations in the hall
If you are holding a deferred offer, there will be a year and eight months between receiving your offer in January and starting at King's. The offer-holders' section is your main source of information.
With your offer letter, you will receive the same detailed financial information that we send to all new offer holders for your information (this is a document entitled Financial Information for Prospective Undergraduates). A year later, the following January, we will send you the updated version for your entry year. Please get in touch if you have not received it by the end of January in the year you are due to start at King's.
When you look at the offer-holders' checklist, note that you must meet the deadlines listed under the following headings (where relevant) in the academic year you get your offer:
- offer decision
- academic conditions (if your offer is conditional)
- English language conditions
- disability disclosure, interruptions to your studies and exam problems
- choral award applications
You must then meet the deadlines under the following headings in the January to August before you are due to start at King's:
- financial conditions
- visa conditions
- subject-specific deadlines
- disability disclosure
- instrumental award application
What happens the August after your receive your offer
Kayak and canoe store in King's
If your offer is a conditional offer:
- Shortly after A level results are published in the UK (Thursday 13 August in 2015) all successful conditional offer-holders receive a formal letter confirming their place at King's (these were posted on 17 August).
- If you took A levels, please send us your UMS scores (on this form) by post after you receive them. Thanks!
- If your offer is already a firm offer (with no academic conditions), nothing will happen or needs doing at this stage.
If your year of entry needs updating in UCAS Track:
- Most deferred offer holders are made their deferred offer in January. UCAS Track will then display the correct entry year by the end of January. The point below does not apply to you.
- If the Admissions Tutor has agreed to change your entry year since January, then UCAS will get in touch with you in late August to ask you to formally accept a change to your entry year.
Do bear in mind that information in the offer holders' section may be updated during the year.
We advise you to continue to develop your interests during your year out. See in particular:
It is essential to keep us informed of any changes to your contact details (and change them on UCAS Track too). Please also remember to continue with writing your name, subject and UCAS number at the beginning of all correspondence with King's. It would be useful if you could also include your entry year with this information.
Practical details for joining the College
For all practical details for when you start at King's, please see the freshers' page. The King's handbook linked there is particularly useful.