Congratulations on getting an offer.
We are delighted to have been able to make you an offer to study your chosen subject at King's. Please read all of the information on this page and in the links very carefully and check them regularly for updates. The offer holders' checklist is especially important.
- Current notes for offer holders
- Offer holders' checklist
- Reading lists and preparation information for specific courses
- Information for freshers
- Changes to your contact details
- Undergraduate Admissions Office contact details
Current notes for offer holders
- Congratulations to all new offer holders! Welcome to the King's offer-holders' section. This section works much like the Applicant Information section did, and we hope that you will find it useful in the time between receiveing your offer and (hopefully!) starting at King's. Please bookmark this page, explore it and refer back to it regularly.
- Do wait to receive your formal offer letter by post as there will be a number of enclosures which we did not send in the email with the text of your offer letter. If you have not received your formal letter by the end of 23 January, please email us.
- If your offer letter asked you to send a fee status, data protection and UMS form or further supporting evidence for the form you have submitted previously, the form (and the instructions on it) can be downloaded here.
- Please note that in most cases, UCAS Track will not update to show your offer until the end of January. Please bear with us as it is a very busy time - your offer letter confirms your offer. Many thanks!
- If you're holding a deferred offer to start in October 2018, information for you is on the deferred entry page.
- Contacting King's: If you have any questions or concerns at this stage, do remember that you can always send us an email. Please continue to start your emails with name, subject, and UCAS number throughout the time you are an offer-holder. Many thanks! Further detail about contacting King's.
Offer holders' checklist
Credit: Blondinrikard Fröberg
The Offer holders' checklist page contains important information about what documents offer-holders need to send and the deadlines. Please ensure that you read it thoroughly.
Further help on what you need to do is also available:
Reading lists and preparation
Credit: Honou (cropped)
In the Reading lists section, you will find reading and preparation information for each course (including websites, where appropriate, as well as books).
It is important to try and do as much of the recommended reading as possible before you arrive in Cambridge.
Information for freshers - accommodation, arriving etc.
King's Mountaineering and Kayaking Association canoe store.
Once you have met all the conditions of your offer (academic conditions, financial conditions, visa if relevant - see your offer letter and the checklist), the freshers' page is for students who have met all their offer conditions. It sets out the practical information about arriving at King's in October and joining the College.
Changes to your contact details
It is essential that you remember to email us if any of the following details change:
- your mailing address
- your phone number
- your email address
Undergraduate Admissions Office contact details
Email works best! Cred: M Aldridge
Please continue to write your name, subject (including 'Biological' or 'Physical' for Natural Sciences) and UCAS number on all correspondence with us.
For queries we prefer to be contacted by email in all cases: email@example.com
The admissions staff also visit schools and are frequently away working with school groups from January to July. They can normally answer your emails wherever they are so it is definitely best to email rather than phone.
Unless otherwise specified, all documents in the offer holders' checklist should be sent to:
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Please remember to enclose a stamped, addressed postcard if you need confirmation of receipt.