For offer holders
We are delighted to have been able to make you an offer to study your chosen subject at King's. Please read all of the information on this page and in the links very carefully and check them regularly for updates. The offer holders' checklist is especially important.
- Current notes for offer holders
- I've received my exam results: what happens next?
- Offer holders' checklist
- Reading lists and preparation information for specific courses
- Information for students with deferred offers (2014 entry)
- Information for freshers
- Undergraduate Admissions Office contact details
Current notes for offer holders
- Please note that Kristy will be away 23-31 May 2013. Responses to emails sent during that period will be delayed. Thanks for your patience.
- National Scholarship Programme - full information and the application form is now available for eligible students from England and non-UK EU countries. The checklist has also been updated with this information.
- New section below: I've received my exam results: what happens next?
- Finance: Applications are now open for Student Finance EU team and The Student Awards Agency for Scotland, as well as Student Finance England, Northern Ireland, and Wales.
- Contacting King's: You have one set of contact details. Please only contact other people in King's if they have said that you may - the Admissions Office will be your main point of contact until September. Please continue to start all emails with name, subject, UCAS number.
- Visiting the College: You are welcome to visit King's at any time and walk around the public areas (print out the tour to bring along if you like). There is no post-offer Open Day at King's.
- Mail: Please don't forget to include a stamped, addressed postcard if you require confirmation that we've received anything you send by post. If you don't do this, you won't receive confirmation.
I've received my exam results. What happens next?
If your examinations are not in the list of results we get directly from UCAS, please scan and email us a document showing your official results when you receive it (or post a photocopy if you can't do that). The document you send must be a clear copy and must specifically state any subjects and grades we have asked for in your academic offer. If we have asked you for something not directly stated on the document you receive, please ask a teacher at your school to send us specific confirmation on school letter-headed paper that you have achieved the relevant grades or scores. If your results document is not in English, please also provide a translation. If your exams are listed in the UCAS list you do not need to do anything. Many thanks!
If you have met your academic offer conditions
Congratulations! Nothing will happen now until we have all exam results after A level results are published (15 August). We will write to all conditional offer holders at the same time to confirm places. Please ensure that you re-read your offer letter and the offer-holders' checklist and ensure that you have met any non-academic conditions as well. Please do not worry about UCAS Track (which will not update for some time) - what matters is that you have met all the conditions set out in your offer letter. If you will need a visa see the checklist.
If you have not met your academic offer conditions
Please stay calm. We will write as soon as possible after receiving the results for all our offer holders (15 August). As you know, we base all decisions on our judgement of the academic promise of a candidate, and on the application as a whole. We may be able to admit some candidates who have missed their offers very narrowly. There is no need for you to act before we contact you. We are happy to receive a letter of support from your school at the normal address if they have anything to add to the original UCAS reference they wrote for you.
A level students
Information will be put in this section for you on 14 August (and see the checklist).
Offer holders' checklist
The Offer holders' checklist page contains important information about what documents offer-holders need to send and the deadlines. Please ensure that you read it thoroughly.
Reading lists and preparation
See the Reading lists page. It is important to try and do as much of the recommended reading as possible before you arrive in Cambridge.
Information for freshers - accommodation, arriving etc.
See the Freshers' page for students who have met all their offer conditions.
Undergraduate Admissions Office contact details
Please continue to write your name, subject (including 'Biological' or 'Physical' for Natural Sciences) and UCAS number on all correspondence with us.
For queries we prefer to be contacted by email in all cases: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristy is also Schools Liaison Officer and is frequently away working with school groups from January to July. She can normally answer your emails wherever she is so it is definitely best to email rather than phone.
All documents in the offer holders' checklist should be sent to:
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Please remember to enclose a stamped, addressed postcard if you need confirmation of receipt.
It is essential that you let us know immediately if your mailing address, phone number or email address change. Please also update the information on UCAS Track.