Congratulations on getting an offer.
We are delighted to have been able to make you an offer to study your chosen subject at King's. Please read all of the information on this page and in the links very carefully and check them regularly for updates. The offer holders' checklist is especially important.
- Current notes for offer holders
- Offer holders' checklist
- I've recieved my exam results. What happens next?
- Reading lists and preparation information for specific courses
- Information for freshers
- Changes to your contact details
- Undergraduate Admissions Office contact details
Current notes for offer holders
- 17 and 18 August: Exam results in the UK. Please see the updated section: I've received my exam results. What happens next?
- All exam results: When you receive your exam results, please see the section below about what to do when you receive your exam results. We know that this will seem very early to many of you, but the section is for international students, some of whom are already receiving results.
- Address: Please could you ensure that the address showing in UCAS Track is correct. We do not want to send freshers' information for you to the wrong address at the end of August! Once you have met all of the conditions of your offer, information about when things will happen is on the freshers page.
- Reminder: All students who received an offer in January 2017 should by now have returned the King's offer reply form and also sent us copies your certificates.
- Contacting King's: If you have any questions or concerns at this stage, do remember that you can always send us an email. Please continue to start your emails with name, subject, and UCAS number throughout the time you are an offer-holder. Many thanks! Further detail about contacting King's.
I've received my exam results. What happens next?
A level candidates (and all other candidates receiving results on 17 August)
Do double-check that you've sent all the necessary documents e.g. the offer reply form, the DBS document for Medicine students etc. See the offer holders' checklist. At this stage we are happy to receive outstanding documents as email attachments.
After you have your results: Thursday 17 and Friday 18 August:
► If you have met your offer
Congratulations if you have met your offer conditions. UCAS Track should update on Thursday 17 August (for successful offer-holders, including international students). Please check this rather than phoning us. We advise you to read / re-read:
- your offer letter
- the offer-holders' checklist - please check that you've sent us the relevant documents.
- the freshers page (or the 2018 entry page if relevant) - these are your main sources of information from now.
► If you have not met your academic offer conditions
If you have not met the exact conditons set out in your January offer letter please stay calm. As you know, we base all decisions on our judgement of your academic promise, as reflected by your application as a whole. We may be able to admit some candidates who have missed their offers.
- UCAS Track is your first source of information on Thursday 17 and Friday 18 August. Please check it to see if a decision has been made on your application rather than phoning us. If UCAS Track has not yet updated, we are still considering your application. As soon as our decision is finalised, UCAS Track will update.
- If you are an A Level student and we are still considering your application, please send us your UMS marks as quickly as possible on Thursday 17 August. Please scan and email the document to "> email@example.com . We will confirm receipt. If you have missed a STEP offer, please send us your UMS grades even if you have met your A level conditions.
- We will write to you when we can and send the letter text by email. This will normally come after UCAS Track updates. Although we will do our best to keep you informed, it may not be possible to email you straight away.
- There is no need for you to act before we contact you. We are happy to receive a letter of support from your school if they have anything to add to the original UCAS reference they wrote for you. Any letters from your school should be sent by email to "> firstname.lastname@example.org (for the attention of Dr Felipe Hernandez).
- We aim to get a decision to all candidates who have missed their offers by the end of Friday 18 August where possible. Please note that this could be (very) late on Friday evening. We are doing our best for you and appreciate your patience at a difficult time.
- Results information on the UCAS website
If your examinations are not in the list of results UCAS receives (and passes on to us), please scan and email a document showing your official results when you receive it (or post a photocopy if you can't do that). The document you send must be a clear copy and must specifically state any subjects and grades we have asked for in your academic offer. If we have asked you for something not directly stated on the document you receive, please ask a teacher at your school to send us specific confirmation on school letter-headed paper that you have achieved the relevant grades or scores. If your results document is not in English, please also provide a translation (a translation by you is fine). If your exams are listed in the UCAS list, you do not need to do anything. Many thanks!
If you have met your academic offer conditions
Congratulations! Nothing will happen now until we have all exam results after A level results are published (mid August). We will write to all conditional offer holders at the same time to confirm places. Please ensure that you re-read your offer letter and the offer-holders' checklist and ensure that you have met any non-academic conditions as well. Please do not worry about UCAS Track (which will not update for some time) - what matters is that you have met all the conditions set out in your offer letter. If you will need a visa, see the visa section on the checklist. If you would like information about joining the College, please see the information for freshers.
If you have not met your academic offer conditions
Please stay calm. We will write as soon as possible after receiving the results for all our offer holders in mid-August. As you know, we base all decisions on our judgement of the academic promise of a candidate, and on the application as a whole. We may be able to admit some candidates who have missed their offers very narrowly. There is no need for you to act before we contact you. We are happy to receive a letter of support from your school at the normal email address if they have anything to add to the original UCAS reference they wrote for you.
A level candidates
Information will be put in this section for you a few days before the A level results are published in August (and see the checklist).
Offer holders' checklist
Credit: Blondinrikard Fröberg
The Offer holders' checklist page contains important information about what documents offer-holders need to send and the deadlines. Please ensure that you read it thoroughly.
Further help on what you need to do is also available:
Reading lists and preparation
Credit: Honou (cropped)
In the Reading lists section, you will find reading and preparation information for each course (including websites, where appropriate, as well as books).
It is important to try and do as much of the recommended reading as possible before you arrive in Cambridge.
Information for freshers - accommodation, arriving etc.
King's Mountaineering and Kayaking Association canoe store.
Once you have met all the conditions of your offer (academic conditions, financial conditions, visa if relevant - see your offer letter and the checklist), the freshers' page is for students who have met all their offer conditions. It sets out the practical information about arriving at King's in October and joining the College.
Changes to your contact details
It is essential that you remember to email us if any of the following details change:
- your mailing address
- your phone number
- your email address
Undergraduate Admissions Office contact details
Email works best! Cred: M Aldridge
Please continue to write your name, subject (including 'Biological' or 'Physical' for Natural Sciences) and UCAS number on all correspondence with us.
For queries we prefer to be contacted by email in all cases: email@example.com
The admissions staff also visit schools and are frequently away working with school groups from January to July. They can normally answer your emails wherever they are so it is definitely best to email rather than phone.
Unless otherwise specified, all documents in the offer holders' checklist should be sent to:
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Please remember to enclose a stamped, addressed postcard if you need confirmation of receipt.