King's College has introduced a new residents' card scheme to make it quicker to process the large number of visitors to the College, and to improve the security of the premises.
The card will be available to local residents who live within a 12 mile radius of Great St Mary's Church (in the Market Square, Cambridge).
What the card is
The card allows local residents to enter the College grounds and Chapel, when open to the public.
The new card replaces the existing residents' scheme. If you currently possess a residents' permit you may continue to use it until it expires.
Those residents holding white card permits that have no expiration date may use them until the end of 2013, when the holder will need to apply for a new pass. Photographic driving licences will also be accepted as proof of local residence to grant access to the Chapel (not the grounds), but only until the end of 2013.
How to apply
- Please read the terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions
- Cards cost £10 each (£7 for people aged 65 or over), and are valid for three consecutive years from the date of issue. This charge is to cover the administration costs of producing the cards.
- Payment must be made in pounds sterling.
- You can cancel your order within seven days of receiving your card, and get a full refund. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Children under 18 do not need a card, but must be accompanied by an adult with a card when entering the College.
- The pass may be used only by the person named on it, together with any accompanying children under 18.
- You can apply for up to four cards per household.
- Possession of a card does not entitle the card holder to bring guests free of charge on to the grounds or to visit the Chapel.
- The College reserves the right to refuse an application if the application is considered inappropriate or incomplete.
- The College reserves the right to restrict access at any time, particularly during exam period and at times of closure to the public.
- The cards remain the property of King's College, Cambridge at all times.
- Please make sure you have a passport-style digital photo of yourself. You will need this for the online application form.
- Complete the online application form.
Your card will be posted to you and will take about three weeks to arrive (they are made by an external supplier).
Those with a University card or an Alumnus card will still be able to walk through the College and visit the Chapel, with a maximum of two guests, when the Chapel and grounds are open.
Those with an Anglia Ruskin card can walk through the College, but with no guests.
University Centre cards are not accepted.
For any enquiries please contact the Chapel Office:
Tel: (+44) (0)1223 331212