Computer Science reading list
We advise you to read the Computer Science page thoroughly. For preparation advice you will find the following sections particularly useful:
- Applying to study Computer Science
- What are we looking for?
- Resources and events
- A student perspective
For offer holders:
- Those with offers to study Computer Science should consult the Preparatory reading and practical preparation page on the Computer Laborartory website.
- There are further reading suggestions in most cases if you look at the 'syllabus' section for the different Part 1A courses.
- There is also a Mathematics workbook which is written primarily for Natural Sciences offer-holders but is also essential for Computer Scientists. This is updated in late July each year and you can see the date on the coversheet.
Additional resources for Computer Science with Maths:
Preparing for STEP examinations
Many Computer Science with Maths offers include particular grades in STEP. We hope that the following information will help you to prepare:
- You can find the Examiners' reports for last year and the specification for papers on the STEP website. If you have any difficulty in obtaining past papers please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The Mathematics Faculty has its own page about STEP.
- The booklet by Stephen Siklos is particularly useful. You might also benefit by looking at some of the other resources on his website, including the past papers.
- The NRICH website has excellent resources. See in particular
- The Further Mathematics Network can offer support for both AEA and STEP preparation. See online courses.
- Further information on the maths reading list page.