Credit: Chris Betcher
For some Cambridge courses, applicants are required to take a pre-interview admissions assessment. When you are applying, it is essential to ensure that you are registered for this by the relevant deadline.
We recommend that you read about pre-interview admissions assessments early, as you may need to make arrangements with a school or other assessment centre. The school or assessment centre where you plan to sit the assessment on 2 November will need to register you - you cannot register yourself.
If your course is listed below, please ensure that you are registered for your assessment by 17:00 UK time on 1 October:
If your course is listed below, please ensure that you are registered for the assessment by 18:00 UK time on 15 October:
- Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Chemical Engineering via Engineering
- Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Human, Social and Political Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Psychological and Behavioural Sciences
If your course is not listed on this page, that means that there is no pre-interview admissions assessment for your course. Therefore, you do not need to be registered (this page does not apply to you). Nonetheless, you may like to check the admissions assessments page for details of what happens in your subject.
Full information about the admissions assessments and how to be registered is available at:
What support will I need from my school?
(part of the International Students' section)
(information for all applicants)
- Where to take your assessment - seach for a test centre
- Contact form for if you're stuggling to find somewhere to take your assessment
- Specimen papers for pre-interview admissions assessments