This page is for current King's applicants (who applied in October 2014 for 2015 or deferred 2016 entry).
This page will help you through the process - do keep an eye on it!
Thank you for submitting a UCAS form and applying to King’s. Below you will find the information you need for the next stages in the application process. This page is now your main source of information until January. Please read the page and links extremely carefully (you'll see that there's a chronological order), bookmark it, and refer back to it regularly. It is essentially the Admissions Office notice board, and you will miss important and useful information and forms if you do not read it.
- Current notes for applicants
- The application process
- After submitting your UCAS form and SAQ (22 Oct-6 Nov)
- Invitation to interviews in Cambridge (15-30 Nov)
- For applicants invited to interviews in Cambridge (late Nov-16 Dec)
- Contacting King's Admissions Office
Current notes for applicants
- 22 Oct - Many thanks for sending your SAQ! The section to read now is After submitting your UCAS form and SAQ.
- Current FAQ's: This page is updated with answers to frequently asked questions from current applicants throughout the admissions process.
- Contacting King's: Once you have submitted a UCAS form, please start all correspondence with us with your full name, subject (including biological or physical if it is Natural Sciences) and UCAS number. We strongly prefer contact by email. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details.
The application process
Please ensure that you have read the how to apply page thoroughly. It sets out the application process from beginning to end.
After submitting your UCAS form and SAQ
(Information for 22 Oct-7 Nov)
It is essential for all King's candidates to read the following page very carefully indeed and take whatever action is required:
The pre-interview notes contain information about written work that you may have to send in to arrive by Thursday 6 November 2014, as well as details of tests and interviews for all subjects.
Deadlines after the SAQ:
|24 Oct. 2014||Disability form||If you have registered a disability (including dyslexia, dyspraxia, long term illness or unseen disabilities) on your UCAS form, please read this information, and complete the form.|
|6 Nov. 2014||Fee status, data protection and and UMS form||All applicants to King's must complete and send this form (as well as the accompanying documents it requests) by post. If you are a UK student this is still a requirement.
|6 Nov. 2014||Written work and coversheet(s).||Please read the written work page for details of which subjects require written work, what is needed and guidelines (including details of how and where to send it).|
Invitation to interviews in Cambridge
(Information for 15-30 Nov)
Interviews at King's will take place between Monday 8 December and Tuesday 16 December 2014 (inclusive). Please keep these dates free.
- Provisional interview dates by subject
last updated 2 October.
The document above tells you which dates we expect to interview for each subject. These dates are provisional and may change. It is important to keep 8-16 December free.
King's students running a helpdesk for interview candidates
The initial assessment of your application and scheduling of interviews and tests will take us some time. We will write to you in the second half of November to let you know if you have been selected for interview and give you your interview timetable if relevant.
We send interview invitations (or letters to say that you have not been selected for interview) both by email and by post to all applicants. For information, we will let you know on this page when we have sent emails / letters for your subject so if anything goes astray you will know and can get in touch.
Applicants for the following subjects should have received a letter and/or email from King's: None so far. To be kept updated.
Overseas (i.e. non-EU) students will be sent a document by post which, when presented with an interview invitation, will enable them get a visa. If you are currently studying in an EU country but would need a visa to enter the UK for an interview, please email us as soon as possible to let us know.
For applicants who are invited to an interview in Cambridge
(Information for late Nov-16 Dec)
Many of the documents in this section will be added nearer the time.
- Interview confirmation form To be submitted by ALL applicants who have received an invitation to interview. The deadline will be given in your invitation.
- Food booking form (if relevant)
- Film /King's interview guidelines / Cambridge resources
- Pre-interview notes for candidates
- Getting to King's for your interview
- Practical arrangements in King's
(helpdesk / meals / accommodation / library)
- Sitting tests / pre-interview reading / Medicine essays during the interview period
- Map of King's (2D or 3D) virtual tours, and directions for finding rooms in King's (available in early December)
- How to find interviews on the Sidgwick Site
- Cambridge University Maps
- Visas for interviews in the UK
January: Decisions for all applicants
We will send decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants in early January. The Cambridge Admissions website has information about the possible outcomes. Further detail about when and how you will hear from us will be available nearer the time.
Contacting King's Admissions Office
Please help us to help you by including the details we need at the start of every message.
To enable us to work efficiently, we ask you to start all emails / letters with the following information:
- Your full name (as you wrote it on your UCAS form: please do not use alternative or shortened names)
- Your subject (including 'Biological' or 'Physical' if it is Natural Sciences)
- Your UCAS Personal ID.
We strongly prefer you to contact us by email if possible: email@example.com.
Other contact details:
Undergraduate Admissions Office