After 15 October, King's applicants for 2017 and 2018 entry will receive an email directing them to this page. The page has been put up early for information.
This section will help you through the process - do keep an eye on it!
Thank you for submitting a UCAS form and applying to King’s. Below and in the sub-pages of this section, you will find the information you need for the next stages in the application process. This Applicant Information section is now your main source of information until January. Please read the page and links extremely carefully (you'll see that there's a chronological order), bookmark it, and refer back to it regularly. It is essentially the Admissions Office notice board, and you will miss important and useful information and forms if you do not read it.
- Current notes for applicants
- Meeting the 15 October application deadline
- Information for 15-22 October (SAQ etc.)
- After submitting your UCAS form and SAQ (22 Oct-5 Nov)
- Invitation to interviews in Cambridge (15-30 Nov)
- For applicants invited to interviews in Cambridge (late Nov-13 Dec)
- Contacting King's Admissions Office
Current notes for applicants
- Welcome to the Applicant Information section! We'll email everyone who has applied to King's a few days after the 15 Oct deadline to introduce ourselves and give everybody the link to this information about the next stages of the application process.
- Approaching deadline - Applicants for Medicine should be registered for the BMAT by 1 October, 17:00 UK time (details).
- We advise all applicants to read how to apply carefully and ensure that you meet the application deadlines. Please also read Meeting the 15 October application deadline.
- Please ensure that your UCAS referee provides predicted grades for any exams that you've not yet taken.
- If you are at school outside the European Union, please ensure that you've read the information about the COPA and transcript
- Contacting King's: Once you have submitted a UCAS form, please start all correspondence with us with your full name, subject (including biological or physical if it is Natural Sciences) and UCAS number. We strongly prefer contact by email. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details.
- If you are applying from outside the EU and requested an overseas interview on your COPA, please read the overseas interviews page.
- Current FAQ's: This page is updated with answers to frequently asked questions from current applicants throughout the admissions process.
Meeting the 15 October application deadline
We do not consider late applications.
Information about the application process from beginning to end is given on the how to apply page - there's an overview at the top then details about each part underneath.
- It is crucial to submit your UCAS form, COPA (if you are/were at school outside the European Union), Transcript (if relevant), and SAQ by the deadlines to make a valid application. It is also essential to be registered for any pre-interview Admissions Assessment required for your course.
- We strongly advise applicants not to leave important forms to the last minute: if you have a problem, it will be too late to do anything about it.
- It is your responsibility as an applicant to check that your referee has completed your UCAS reference on time. You will receive an email from UCAS once your referee has submitted the reference.
- Have you been ill, had problems with your schooling, or had your studies interrupted in any way? Please read about the Extenuating Circumstances form if relevant - we will need this information in order to assess you fairly.
- International applicants should read the international how to apply information and additional application support, as well as the how to apply page. The additional application support includes a page on the COPA form, which all students from schools outside the UK must send by 19 October (18:00 UK time)
- Applicants for Medicine should be registered registered for the BMAT by 1 October, 17:00 UK time.
- Applicants for other subjects that require a pre-interview Admissions Assessment should be registered by 15 October 18:00 UK time.
SAQ / Transcript / Adjustment form
(Information for 15-22 October)
If you do not receive your SAQ email when you expect to, please check your spam / junk folders in case it has gone there. If you still do not find it or have problems / queries about filling in the form, please contact the SAQ helpdesk who will be happy to help (01223 333308 / email@example.com). It is also worth consulting the SAQ page on the Cambridge Admissions website, which includes a guide to completing the SAQ.You can check whether you need to send a transcript using this flowchart.
Adjustment forms are also due in by 22 October (if relevant). This is needed if you declared a disability, learning difficulty or long-term illness on your UCAS form (whether or not you need an adjustment), or if you normally receive adjustments for exams you take at school. Please read this information and download the form.
After submitting your UCAS form and SAQ
(Information for 22 Oct-7 Nov)
It is essential for all King's candidates to read the following page very carefully indeed and take whatever action is required:
The pre-interview notes contain information about written work that you may have to send in to arrive by Thursday 3 November 2016, as well as details of admissions assessments, interviews, and any additional things you need to do for your subject.
|3 Nov. 2016||Fee status, data protection and UMS form||
All applicants to King's must complete and send this form (as well as the accompanying documents it requests) by post. If you are a UK student this is still a requirement.
|3 Nov. 2016||Written work and coversheet(s).||Please read the written work page for details of which subjects require written work, what is needed and guidelines (including details of how and where to send it).|
Invitation to interviews in Cambridge
(Information for 15-30 Nov)
Interviews at King's will take place between Monday 5 December and Tuesday 13 December 2016 (inclusive). Please keep these dates free.
Provisional interview dates by subject
last updated 26 September.
The page above tells you which dates we expect to interview for each subject. These dates are provisional and may change. It is important to keep 5-13 December free.
The initial assessment of your application and scheduling of interviews and tests will take us some time. We will write to you in the second half of November to let you know if you have been selected for interview and give you your interview timetable if relevant.
We send interview invitations (or letters to say that you have not been selected for interview) both by email and by post to all applicants. For information, we will let you know on this page when we have sent emails / letters for your subject so if anything goes astray you will know and can get in touch.
Applicants for the following subjects should have received a letter and/or email from King's: None so far. To be kept updated.
Overseas (i.e. non-EU) students will be sent a document by post which, when presented with an interview invitation, will enable them get a visa. If you are currently studying in an EU country but would need a visa to enter the UK for an interview, please email us as soon as possible to let us know.
For applicants invited to interview in Cambridge
(Information for late Nov-13 Dec)
Many of the documents in this section will be added nearer the time.
- Interview confirmation form To be submitted by ALL applicants who have received an invitation to interview. The deadline will be given in your invitation.
- Food booking form (if relevant)
- Film / King's interview guidelines / Cambridge resources
- Pre-interview notes for candidates
- Getting to King's for your interview
Practical arrangements in King's
(helpdesk / meals / accommodation / library)
- Sitting admissions assessments and other tests / pre-interview reading during the interview period
- Map of King's (2D or 3D) virtual tours, and directions for finding rooms in King's (available in early December)
- How to find interviews on the Sidgwick Site
- Cambridge University Maps
- Visas for interviews in the UK
January: Decisions for all applicants
We will send decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants in early January. The Cambridge Admissions website has information about the possible outcomes. Further detail about when and how you will hear from us will be available nearer the time.
Contacting King's Admissions Office
Please help us to help you by including the details we need at the start of every message.
To enable us to work efficiently, we ask you to start all emails / letters with the following information:
- Your full name (as you wrote it on your UCAS form: please do not use alternative or shortened names)
- Your subject (including 'Biological' or 'Physical' if it is Natural Sciences)
- Your UCAS Personal ID.
- Your requested interview location (if it is not Cambridge,UK)
We strongly prefer you to contact us by email if possible: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other contact details:
Undergraduate Admissions Office