This page is for current King's applicants.
Thank you for submitting your UCAS form and SAQ, and applying to King’s. Below you will find the information you need for the next stages in the application process. This page is now your main source of information until January. Please read the page and links extremely carefully (you'll see that there's a chronological order), bookmark it, and refer back to it regularly. It is essentially the Admissions Office notice board, and you will miss important and useful information and forms if you do not read it.
- Current notes for applicants
- The application process
- Current FAQ's
- Invitation to interviews in Cambridge
- For applicants invited to interviews in Cambridge
- January: decisions for all applicants
- Contacting King's Admissions Office
Current notes for applicants
- Candidates for interviews in Cambridge, UK
- We advise you to ensure that your mobile phone number is included in your contact details on UCAS Track.
- Please avoid discussing the content of interviews and tests at King's. It is not in your own best interests to do so. This applies both while you are at King's and after you return home.
- Please ensure that you are reading your email and that you read it just before coming to Cambridge in case we need to send you a message.
- Please email us by 08:00 on the day of your interview if there is a last-minute problem (e.g. illness) and you will not be able to attend.
- Information about coming for interviews etc. The information is in For applicants invited to interviews in Cambridge. Remember that subject-specific information is in the pre-interview notes and we are updating the Current FAQ's as appropriate.
- Directions for finding rooms in King's are now available in the section for applicants invited to interviews in Cambridge.
- Please do not email your interviewers. If your interviewers have been named on your invitation to interview, please do not contact them under any circumstances. All correspondance throughout the application process must come to the Admissions Office (see Contacting King's Admissions Office). Thank you!
- Contacting King's: Please continue to start all correspondence with us with your full name, subject (including biological or physical if it is Natural Sciences) and UCAS number. We strongly prefer contact by email. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current FAQ's: This page is updated with answers to frequently asked questions from current applicants throughout the admissions process.
The application process
Information about the application process from beginning to end is given on the how to apply page. Please ensure that you have read the how to apply page thoroughly and noted the deadlines. It is also essential for all King's candidates to read the Pre-interview notes carefully.
You should have already submitted a Fee status questionnaire (all candidates). If you did not submit this and are coming to Cambridge for interviews, please put it in an envelope marked 'King's Admissions Office' and hand it in at King's porters lodge when you are here for interviews. Please note that you must not bring it to the Admissions Office.
Invitation to interviews in Cambridge
We have sent invitations to interview in Cambridge in all subjects. If you have not yet heard from us, please email us.
For applicants who are invited to an interview in Cambridge
We will not provide hard copies of the documents below during interview week. If you would find it useful to have any of the information with you on the day of your interviews, please ensure that you bring it with you.
Map of King's (2D or 3D) virtual tours, and directions for finding rooms in King's
How to find:
The Current FAQ's page has a section on interview queries as well as subject-specific questions.
January: Decisions for all applicants
We will post decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants on Friday 3 January 2014. We will then email the text of decision letters to all applicants on Monday 6 January (you do not need to request this). Please note that this will take us some time - you will not necessarily hear from us in the morning.
The Cambridge Admissions website has information about the possible outcomes.
Contacting King's Admissions Office
To enable us to work efficiently, we ask you to start all emails / letters with the following information:
- Your full name (as you wrote it on your UCAS form: please do not use alternative or shortened names)
- Your subject (including 'Biological' or 'Physical' if it is Natural Sciences)
- Your UCAS Personal ID.
We strongly prefer you to contact us by email if possible: email@example.com.
Other contact details:
Undergraduate Admissions Office