This page is for current King's applicants (who applied in October 2014).
This page will help you through the process - do keep an eye on it!
Thank you for submitting a UCAS form and applying to King’s. Below you will find the information you need for the next stages in the application process. This page is now your main source of information until January. Please read the page and links extremely carefully (you'll see that there's a chronological order), bookmark it, and refer back to it regularly. It is essentially the Admissions Office notice board, and you will miss important and useful information and forms if you do not read it.
- Current notes for applicants
- The application process
- Invitation to interviews in Cambridge (15-30 Nov)
- For applicants invited to interviews in Cambridge (late Nov-16 Dec)
- Contacting King's Admissions Office
Current notes for applicants
- Fewer queries = faster invitations to interview!
We encourage you to help us to help you by:We don't want to discourage you from getting in touch if there is something that you need to know, but please bear in mind that time spent answering your queries is time not spent working on your applications and interview schedules. Many thanks!
- Reading this page and the Current FAQs thoroughly to see if your question has already been answered.
- Starting every email with your name, subject and UCAS number.
- Sending an email rather than phoning (we can answer your query more efficiently that way).
- If you have already received an invitation to interview:
- Overseas students: If you have received a letter from Dr Mody, please ensure that you read the white page with your address on it carefully. Further information.
- Contacting King's: Once you have submitted a UCAS form, please start all correspondence with us with your full name, subject (including biological or physical if it is Natural Sciences) and UCAS number. We strongly prefer contact by email. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details.
The application process
Please ensure that you have read the how to apply page thoroughly. It sets out the application process from beginning to end. It is also essential for all King's candidates to read the pre-interview notes carefully.
Please ensure that you are reading your emails at the email address that you wrote on your UCAS form.
At this stage, you should have already submitted:
- Fee status, data protection and UMS form (all candidates).
- Written work (if relevant for your subject). See the written work page and coversheet for written work.
- Disability form (if you disclosed a disability, specific learning difficuty or long term illness on your UCAS form).
Questions about us receiving your essays / fee status, data protection and UMS form late? See the Current FAQs.
Invitation to interviews in Cambridge
(information for 15-30 Nov)
Interviews at King's will take place between Monday 8 December and Tuesday 16 December 2014 (inclusive). Please keep these dates free.
- Provisional interview dates by subject
last updated 20 November.
The document above tells you which dates we expect to interview for each subject. These dates are provisional and may change. It is important to keep 8-16 December free.
King's students running a helpdesk for interview candidates
The initial assessment of your application and scheduling of interviews and tests will take us some time. We will write to you in the second half of November to let you know if you have been selected for interview and give you your interview timetable if relevant.
We send interview invitations (or letters to say that you have not been selected for interview) both by email and by post to all applicants. For information, we will let you know on this page when we have sent emails / letters for your subject so if anything goes astray you will know and can get in touch.
Applicants for the following subjects should have received an email from King's:
- Emails sent 14/11: Geography; Linguistics.
- Emails sent 16/11: Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic
- Emails sent 18/11: Theology and Religious Studies
- Emails sent 19/11: Classics; Economics; History; Law; Modern and Medieval Languages
- Emails sent 20/11: Computer Science; History of Art; Human, Social and Political Sciences
Applicants for the following subjects will also receive a copy of the email by post:
- Letters posted 17/11: Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic; Geography; Linguistics.
- Letters posted 19/11: Theology and Religious Studies; Modern and Medieval Languages
- Letters posted 20/11: Classics; Computer Science; Economics; History; History of Art; Law
If your subject is listed above and you have not heard from us within five working days of when we wrote to you, please get in touch with us.
NB. if you are having an overseas interview, this section does not apply to you - please ignore it.
Overseas (i.e. non-EU) students have been sent a document by post which, when presented with an interview invitation, will enable them get a visa. These documents were posted on 30/31 October.
For applicants who are invited to an interview in Cambridge (information for late Nov-16 Dec)
Many of the documents in this section will be added nearer the time. Please wait to receive your invitation to interview which will state the date, time(s) and location(s) of all interviews and tests (if relevant), and give any details you need. See Invitation to interviews in Cambridge.
(your deadline for these forms will be in your invitation to interview)
- Film / guidelines / subject resources post / Cambridge resources
- Pre-interview notes for candidates
- Getting to King's for your interview
- Practical arrangements in King's
(helpdesk / meals / accommodation / library)
- Sitting tests / pre-interview reading / Medicine essays during the interview period
- Map of King's (2D or 3D) virtual tours, and directions for finding rooms in King's (available in early December)
- How to find:
- Lecture Room 3 on the Sidgwick Site (available nearer the time)
- Interviews on the Sidgwick Site (available nearer the time)
- Cambridge University Maps
- The Current FAQs include interview FAQs and subject-specific FAQ's
- Visas for interviews in the UK
- Local accommodation information for parents and guardians
January: Decisions for all applicants
We will send decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants in early January. The Cambridge Admissions website has information about the possible outcomes. Further detail about when and how you will hear from us will be available nearer the time.
Contacting King's Admissions Office
Please help us to help you by including the details we need at the start of every message.
To enable us to work efficiently, we ask you to start all emails / letters with the following information:
- Your full name (as you wrote it on your UCAS form: please do not use alternative or shortened names)
- Your subject (including 'Biological' or 'Physical' if it is Natural Sciences)
- Your UCAS Personal ID.
We strongly prefer you to contact us by email if possible: email@example.com.
Other contact details:
Undergraduate Admissions Office