This section is for current King's applicants (who applied in October 2016 for 2017 or deferred 2018 entry).
This section will help you through the process - do keep an eye on it!
Thank you for submitting a UCAS form and applying to King’s. Below and in the sub-pages of this section, you will find the information you need for the next stages in the application process. This Applicant Information section is now your main source of information until January. Please read the page and links extremely carefully (you'll see that there's a chronological order), bookmark it, and refer back to it regularly. It is essentially the Admissions Office notice board, and you will miss important and useful information and forms if you do not read it.
- Current notes for applicants
- The application process
- Decisions (January 2017)
- Contacting King's Admissions Office
Current notes for applicants
- We have posted decision letters to all applicants and also sent the text of the letters by email.
- If you have a question, please email us and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
- Contacting King's: Please start all correspondence with us with your full name, subject (including biological or physical if it is Natural Sciences) and UCAS number. We strongly prefer contact by email. Our email address is . Further details.
The application process
Please ensure that you have read the how to apply page thoroughly. It sets out the application process from beginning to end.
January 2017: Decisions for all applicants
|Wednesday 11 January 2017||We posted decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants. This is a University-wide posting date.|
|Thursday 12 January 2017 (from 9am)||We emailed all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants.|
The Cambridge Admissions website has information about the possible outcomes.
Please note that UCAS Track will not update immediately, however we have communicated the decision to you directly.
Information for students who have an offer from King's
Your main sources of information from now on will be:
- Your offer letter. Please read it very carefully indeed and email us if anything is unclear. NB. Email responses for offer holders may be slighty slower than usual in the days following 12 January - please bear with us.
- The offer-holders' section. This works in exactly the same way as this applicant information page has done - it is the Admissions Office notice board and contains a lot of important information. It would be worth adding this page to your favourites/bookmarks.
Information for students in the Winter Pool
Please read the Guide to the Winter Pool.
Contacting King's Admissions Office
Please help us to help you by including the details we need at the start of every message.
To enable us to work efficiently, we ask you to start all emails / letters with the following information:
- Your full name (as you wrote it on your UCAS form: please do not use alternative or shortened names)
- Your subject (including 'Biological' or 'Physical' if it is Natural Sciences)
- Your UCAS Personal ID.
- Your requested interview location (if it is not Cambridge,UK)
We strongly prefer you to contact us by email if possible: email@example.com.
Other contact details:
Undergraduate Admissions Office