This section is for current King's applicants (who applied in October 2016 for 2017 or deferred 2018 entry).
This section will help you through the process - do keep an eye on it!
Thank you for submitting a UCAS form and applying to King’s. Below and in the sub-pages of this section, you will find the information you need for the next stages in the application process. This Applicant Information section is now your main source of information until January. Please read the page and links extremely carefully (you'll see that there's a chronological order), bookmark it, and refer back to it regularly. It is essentially the Admissions Office notice board, and you will miss important and useful information and forms if you do not read it.
- Current notes for applicants
- After submitting your UCAS form and SAQ (22 Oct-5 Nov)
- Invitation to interviews in Cambridge (15-30 Nov)
- For applicants invited to interviews in Cambridge (late Nov-13 Dec)
- Contacting King's Admissions Office
Current notes for applicants
- At this stage, please read the After submitting your UCAS form and SAQ (22 Oct-5 Nov) in particular.
- If you have a question, please email us rather than phoning us so that we can process your questions as efficiently as possible. Please remember to include your details at the beginning of your emails.
- Information about the application process from beginning to end is given on the how to apply page - there's an overview at the top then details about each part underneath.
- Current FAQ's: This page is updated with answers to frequently asked questions from current applicants throughout the admissions process.
After submitting your UCAS form and SAQ
(Information for 22 Oct-7 Nov)
It is essential for all King's candidates to read the following page very carefully indeed and take whatever action is required:
The pre-interview notes contain information about written work that you may have to send in to arrive by Thursday 3 November 2016, as well as details of admissions assessments, interviews, and any additional things you need to do for your subject.
|ASAP||Outstanding Extenuating Circumstances forms||We are still accepting Extenuating Circumstances forms. Please see the information at the end of the form about how these are used if received at at this stage in the process.|
|ASAP||Outstanding adjustment forms||This is needed if you declared a disability, learning difficulty or long-term illness on your UCAS form (whether or not you need an adjustment), or if you normally receive adjustments for exams you take at school. Please read this information and download the form.|
|3 Nov. 2016||Fee status, data protection and UMS form||
All applicants to King's must complete and send this form (as well as the accompanying documents it requests) by post. If you are a UK student this is still a requirement.
|3 Nov. 2016||Written work and coversheet(s).||Please read the written work page for details of which subjects require written work, what is needed and guidelines (including details of how and where to send it).|
Invitation to interviews in Cambridge
(Information for 15-30 Nov)
Interviews at King's will take place between Monday 5 December and Tuesday 13 December 2016 (inclusive). Please keep these dates free.
Provisional interview dates by subject
last updated 17 October.
The page above tells you which dates we expect to interview for each subject. These dates are provisional and may change. It is important to keep 5-13 December free.
The initial assessment of your application and scheduling of interviews and tests will take us some time. We will write to you in the second half of November to let you know if you have been selected for interview and give you your interview timetable if relevant.
We send interview invitations (or letters to say that you have not been selected for interview) both by email and by post to all applicants. For information, we will let you know on this page when we have sent emails / letters for your subject so if anything goes astray you will know and can get in touch.
Applicants for the following subjects should have received a letter and/or email from King's: None so far. To be kept updated.
Overseas (i.e. non-EU) students will be sent a document by post which, when presented with an interview invitation, will enable them get a visa. If you are currently studying in an EU country but would need a visa to enter the UK for an interview, please email us as soon as possible to let us know.
For applicants invited to interview in Cambridge
(Information for late Nov-13 Dec)
Many of the documents in this section will be added nearer the time.
- Interview confirmation form To be submitted by ALL applicants who have received an invitation to interview. The deadline will be given in your invitation.
- Food booking form (if relevant)
- Film / King's interview guidelines / Cambridge resources
- Pre-interview notes for candidates
- Getting to King's for your interview
Practical arrangements in King's
(helpdesk / meals / accommodation / library)
- Sitting admissions assessments and other tests / pre-interview reading during the interview period
- Map of King's (2D or 3D) virtual tours, and directions for finding rooms in King's (available in early December)
- How to find interviews on the Sidgwick Site
- Cambridge University Maps
- Visas for interviews in the UK
January: Decisions for all applicants
We will send decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants in early January. The Cambridge Admissions website has information about the possible outcomes. Further detail about when and how you will hear from us will be available nearer the time.
Contacting King's Admissions Office
Please help us to help you by including the details we need at the start of every message.
To enable us to work efficiently, we ask you to start all emails / letters with the following information:
- Your full name (as you wrote it on your UCAS form: please do not use alternative or shortened names)
- Your subject (including 'Biological' or 'Physical' if it is Natural Sciences)
- Your UCAS Personal ID.
- Your requested interview location (if it is not Cambridge,UK)
We strongly prefer you to contact us by email if possible: email@example.com.
Other contact details:
Undergraduate Admissions Office