This section is for current King's applicants (who applied in October 2016 for 2017 or deferred 2018 entry).
This section will help you through the process - do keep an eye on it!
Thank you for submitting a UCAS form and applying to King’s. Below and in the sub-pages of this section, you will find the information you need for the next stages in the application process. This Applicant Information section is now your main source of information until January. Please read the page and links extremely carefully (you'll see that there's a chronological order), bookmark it, and refer back to it regularly. It is essentially the Admissions Office notice board, and you will miss important and useful information and forms if you do not read it.
- Current notes for applicants
- The application process
- Invitation to interviews in Cambridge
- For applicants invited to interviews in Cambridge
- Decisions (January 2017)
- Contacting King's Admissions Office
Current notes for applicants
Candidates for interview in Cambridge UK:
- Please avoid discussing the content of interviews and tests at King's. It is not in your own best interests to do so. This applies both while you are at King's and after you return home.
- Please ensure that you are reading your email and that you read it just before coming to Cambridge in case we need to send you a message.
- Please email us by 08:00 on the day of your interview if there is a last-minute problem (e.g. illness) and you will not be able to attend.
- It is a good idea to enter your mobile number on UCAS Track if you've not already done so - this will enable us to contact you on the day if we need to.
- Please do not email your interviewers under any circumstances.
- In a small number of cases, we may need to change one of your interviewers at short notice. In such cases the interviewers will introduce themselves at the beginning of the interview. We will not normally email you in advance unless the location of your interview changes.
- We have sent invitations to interview in Cambridge in all subjects. If you have not heard from us, please email us.
- Overseas students: If you receive a letter from Dr Mody please read the page with your address on it very carefully. Further information
The application process
Please ensure that you have read the how to apply page thoroughly. It sets out the application process from beginning to end. It is also essential for all King's candidates to read and the pre-interview notes carefully (you may be at a disadvantage if you do not read this page).Please ensure that you are reading your emails at the email address that you wrote on your UCAS form. In particular, we sent you a very important email shortly after the 15 October deadline: King's College, Cambridge: important information for applicants. If you have not read that email carefully as we requested, you may be at a disadvantage.
Invitation to interviews in Cambridge
We have sent invitations to interview in Cambridge in all subjects. If you have not heard from us yet, please email us.
For applicants invited to interview in Cambridge
Your invitation to interview states the date, time(s) and location(s) of all interviews and tests or admissions assessments (if relevant), and directs you to particular details you need.
We will not provide hard copies of the information below during interview week. If you would find it useful to have any of the information with you on the day of your interview, please ensure that you bring it with you.
Interview attendance confirmation form
To be submitted by ALL applicants who have received an invitation to interview
- Interview attendance confirmation form
- Film / King's interview guidelines / Cambridge resources
- Pre-interview notes for candidates
- Getting to King's for your interview
Practical arrangements in King's
(helpdesk / meals / accommodation / library and more)
- Sitting admissions assessments and other tests during the interview period
- Pre-interview reading in the Chetwynd Room
- Map of King's (2D or 3D) virtual tours, and directions for finding rooms in King's
- How to find interviews on the Sidgwick Site (expected Wed 30 Nov)
- Cambridge University Maps
- Current FAQs: interview queries, subject-specific queries, international queries.
- Visas for interviews in the UK. Overseas (i.e. non-EU) students have been sent a document by post which, when presented with an interview invitation, will enable them get a visa (these were posted on 31 October and 1 November).
- Local accommodation information for parents and guardians
January 2017: Decisions for all applicants
|Wednesday 11 January 2017||We will post decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants. This is a University-wide posting date.|
|Thursday 12 January 2017 (from 9am)||We will send decision emails to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants. Please note that this will take some time - some of you will not receive your email until the afternoon.|
The Cambridge Admissions website has information about the possible outcomes.
Contacting King's Admissions Office
Please help us to help you by including the details we need at the start of every message.
To enable us to work efficiently, we ask you to start all emails / letters with the following information:
- Your full name (as you wrote it on your UCAS form: please do not use alternative or shortened names)
- Your subject (including 'Biological' or 'Physical' if it is Natural Sciences)
- Your UCAS Personal ID.
- Your requested interview location (if it is not Cambridge,UK)
We strongly prefer you to contact us by email if possible: email@example.com.
Other contact details:
Undergraduate Admissions Office