King’s College will appoint up to six College Research Associates in 2014, three in sciences, three in arts and humanities. Applications can be from individuals or from groups of up to three.
Appointments will be for one year, potentially renewable for a further year. Applicants must at the time of appointment have funding for a full year.
Appointments are made by the Research Committee on the basis of a research application outlining research to be performed within King’s. This research could involve work with King’s Fellows or doctoral students, use of college archives or research facilities, or the writing of an article by a group of Associates.
Research Associates have access to the SCR, library and other College facilities. They have the right to lunch and dine in college with one High Table dinner and two lunches per week free of charge. Up to £500 per year of research expenses is available through the Research Committee. Presentation of their work to the Fellowship and Graduate student body will be expected of all Associates at some point during their tenure.
- Maximilian Bock (Architecture)
- Charlotte Houldcroft (Anthropology)
- Marco Mardecchia (Subatomic Physics)
- Gabriella Zuccolin (Women’s Medicine)
- Franck Billie (China & Russia at their North Asian border)
- Joint CRAs:
- David Modic (Understanding internet fraud)
- Sophie Van Der Zee (Deception on the internet)