King’s College intends to appoint up to six College Post-doctoral Research Associates to join the college in October 2014. Applicants must at the time of appointment be of post-doctoral standing, and may be graduates of any university. They must at the time of appointment, and for the duration of the appointment, be employed by the University of Cambridge in a post-doctoral research role. There are no conditions of age or subject attached to these positions, but candidates would normally be early in their research careers.
College Post-doctoral Associates will be selected by the College’s Research Committee, and selection will be through evaluation of a proposal from applicants for undertaking research activity within the College.
Applications may come from individuals or from groups of up to three, who can be working in any branch of the sciences, arts or humanities. Groups will be treated as a single application, and will be interviewed as a group. Examples of potential research activity would be:
- A group of two or three, who come from different research groups or departments, who will write a review article.
- Individuals or groups who will work with current fellows or graduate students within the college.
- Individuals or groups who wish to use the college archives or other facilities for a research project.
- Individuals or groups who have ideas that would impact on the college’s educational programme.
The College Post-doctoral Associate position will normally be tenable for one year, with a possibility of renewal for a second year. Candidates must have guaranteed funding for at least one year from 1 October 2014. No stipend or honorarium is payable and no accommodation is provided.
Associates will have access to the facilities of the college, dining rights for weekly lunch and dinner (guests at cost). Applicants may already be involved in undergraduate supervision, and appointed Associates may wish to teach undergraduates in King’s, but this is not a requirement of the scheme.
Applications should be made online:
- For arts subjects the link is: https://app.casc.cam.ac.uk/fas_live/kartcra.aspx
- For science subjects the link is: https://app.casc.cam.ac.uk/fas_live/kscicra.aspx
Applications must be received by 17 March. The application should include a single document which includes the curriculum vitae for each applicant (2 pages max.), and a research project proposal of not more than 1000 words (excluding references and diagrams), written so as to be intelligible to non-specialists. Before appointment, successful applicants will be required to produce a letter from their supervisor stating that he/she is prepared to allow the Associate time to complete their project in King’s College.
Enquiries to .