The Choir releases a live album
King’s College Choir has released a new album of live music: ‘Evensong Live 2015’. The album is on the Choir's own label, and draws from the Chapel’s weekly webcasts. The recordings were made during services using a state-of-the-art recording system concealed in the roof, vestry and organ loft, with microphones suspended discreetly above the choir stalls.
The nearly 80 minutes of music provide a cross section of some of the daily music making that happens at King’s capturing the atmosphere and acoustic of the Chapel. It also serves as a snapshot of the Choir at a specific moment in time, and presents Evensong as a living and breathing part of both the College and national heritage.
You can buy the album from our online shop.
- Loquebantur variis linguis - Thomas Talllis
- Videte Miraculum - Thomas Tallis
- Ave Maria - Robert Parsons
- Magnificat - Giles Swayne
- Totus Tuus - Henryk Gorecki
Quatre Motets Pour Le Temps De Noel - Francis Poulenc
- I. O magnum mysterium
- II. Quem vidistis pastores dicite
- III. Videntes stellam
- IV. Hodie Christus natus est
- Hear my prayer - Felix Mendelssohn
- Hear my words, ye people - C Hubert H Parry
- Litanies - Jehan Alain