King's runners win the Colleges Cup again
King's runner Philip Barrett passing through Clare College
Photo credit: Ryandi
Runners from King's won the College Cup at the Chariots of Fire race last Sunday. It is the second year in a row they have won the Cup.
The Chariots of Fire Race is a relay race where each of the six runners in a team run a 1.7 mile circuit around the centre of Cambridge. The King's runners completed the race in 01:03:11, beating Churchill College (who came second in the College cup) by more than a minute.
Overall, King's came sixteenth place out of more than 300 teams from colleges, local companies and running groups that took part.
The King's team was:
- Chris Townsend (captain) (graduate student)
- Flora Willson (Fellow in Music)
- Philip Barrett (undergraduate student)
- Kristy Guneratne (Admissions & Schools Liaison Officer)
- Peter Pride (Accounts Department)
- Pau Figueras (Fellow in Mathematics)
Well done to them all!
For more information about the race see the Chariots of Fire website.