King's and St John's Choirs sing joint Evensong on 3 July
King's College Choir
The Choir of St John's College
King's College Choir and The Choir of St John's College will sing their annual joint Evensong on 3 July. This is one of the most important dates in the Choirs' calendars, and traditionally the venue has alternated between St John's and King's. This year the service will be at King's.
Order of service
- Organ Prelude Martyrs Op. 73 Leighton
- Introit 382 My beloved spake Anderson
- Responses Leighton
- Psalm 16 Clark
- Magnificat and Nunc dimittis
- Jesus College Service Mathias
- Anthem Let the people praise Thee, O God Mathias
- Psalm 67
- Hymn 383 (t.ii) Jesu, Lover of my soul
- Organ Voluntary Invocations Op. 35 Mathias
The Choirs will be conducted by the Director of Music at King's, Stephen Cleobury CBE, and the Director of Music at St John's, Andrew Nethsingha. Stephen himself was an Organ Scholar at St John's.
The service begins at 6pm. Most of the seats will be for invited guests, but there will be a few seats available for the general public in the East End of the Chapel, or in the Ante-Chapel.