Choir concert and reception at the MusÃ©e D'Orsay
The Nave, Musée D'Orsay
The Choir is singing a special concert this Friday (28 October) in the Nave of the Musée d’Orsay, Paris. It is opening a concert series on the theme of Oscar Wilde’s England, which coincides with an exhibition in the museum called 'Beauty, Morals and Voluptuousness in the England of Oscar Wilde'.
The concert starts at 8.30pm and admission is free. The full programme is:
- Parry: My soul, there is a country
- Vaughan Williams: Silence and music
- Vaughan Williams: Three Shakespeare Songs
- Maw: One foot in Eden
- Allain: Welcome, all wonders (men only)
- Britten: Five Flower Songs
- R R Bennett: A flowre at sun-rising (men only)
- Walton: Where does the utter'd music go?
- Walton: Set me as a seal
- Wood: Hail, gladdening light
After the concert, King's is hosting a cocktail reception for members and Friends of the college and of Cambridge University. Drinks and canapés will be served. For reception tickets and further details see the Members and Friends website.
You can see all the forthcoming Choir concerts on the Choir concerts and tours page.