September's Archive of the month presents historic engravings of King's. The engravings were collected in the book Bygone King's (1907) by Richard Arthur Austen-Leigh, and date from the late sixteenth century to the early nineteenth century.
They show college buildings that have now disappeared, such as the Old Courts buildings and the old bridge, as well as buildings that never existed, like the proposal for a Gothic version of the Classical Gibbs' Building.
They also give a glimpse of life in Cambridge at the time, with horse-drawn barges in the river and Fellows in gowns and mortar boards.
See September's Archive of the month.