August's Archive of the month looks at the history of the Fountain at King's. The founder of the college, Henry VI (1421 - 1471), wanted a 'conduit' or 'aqueduct' in the position of the current Fountain in the Front Court. But it was not until 1879 that a fountain was actually built.
The winning design was by Henry Hugh Armstead (1828-1905), one of the great sculptors of his day. The Archive of the month includes some of Armstead's design sketches for the statues and for the watercourse of the Fountain.
See the Archive of the month.