King's College Chapel is famed for its choral services, in particular the evensong services and the Christmas Eve service, A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols. The Choir usually sing the services during term time, which you are welcome to attend.
King’s is also known for Carols from King’s, shown on BBC Two on Christmas Eve, which is a different service from A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols.
Sermons are put online on the sermons page.
Daily service updates on Twitter
Orders of services are tweeted the day before each service.
The Chapel services run between:
- 21 April - 14 June 2015 (Easter Term)
- 23 June - 5 July 2015 (Long Vacation Term)
- 3 October - 5 December 2015 (Michaelmas Term)
Note: for Easter services see also Easter at King's.
- Choral services are held at 5.30pm from Monday to Saturday, and at 10.30am and 3.30pm on Sunday.
- The full Choir sing on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Monday's Evensong is sung by King's Voices, the College's mixed voice choir, and Wednesday's Evensong is sung by the men's voices only.
- Please note, no Evensong is held on Mondays during the Long Vac Term.
- Doors open 15mins before each service from Monday to Saturday and 20mins before on Sundays. We regret to say that late admission to services is not generally possible.
- This schedule may vary in some weeks. Please check the latest service booklet for details of the services.
Morning prayer and Communion
Morning prayer is normally said at 8.15am Monday - Friday during term time. There is a communion service (said) on Wednesdays at 12.30pm.