By 3 February 2017
- Entrepreneurship Prize opens for Business Idea submissions.
7 March 2017
- Deadline for one-page Business Idea submissions.
By 16 March 2017
- Entrants notified whether or not their Idea submission has been successful.
- Interim prizes awarded.
- Shortlisted entrants invited to submit supplementary information
By 12 April
- Deadline for submission of supplementary information
By 30 April
- Entrants notified whether or not they will be taken to the Lyons Den.
- First round prizes awarded
- Invitation to prepare a full Business Case to present to the Entrepreneurship Board judges during June 2017.
By 25 May 2017
- Business Plan paperwork is submitted for pre-presentation administration.
By 26 May 2017
- Lyons Den presentation dates and times confirmed.
9 June 2017
- Presentation of Business Plans to Entrepreneurship Board.
- Entrants must ensure they are available during this time. Exceptions will be considered in the case of undergraduate students sitting exams shortly before.
- Second round prizes will not be awarded without an interview scenario (either in person or via Skype or similar medium for overseas entrants).
By 30 June 2017
- Entrants will be notified whether they will receive further funding (up to £20,000).
By 30 July 2017
- Winners to send through a general follow-up statement.
By 31 December 2017
- Winners to send through a 6-month progress update statement.
By 31 December 2018
- Winners to send through an 18-month progress update statement.