Boat House

The original King’s boat house stood next to that of Downing near to Midsummer Common. This was built in 1894 and used until 1969, when it was knocked down by the City Council in order to build the Queen Elizabeth Bridge. At this point the club moved to its present location on Logan’s Way, into a “temporary” boat house which remained in use until 2015. The new boat house was completed in early 2016 and officially opened by the Provost of King’s College on Saturday 11th June.

 
An account of the circumstances which led to the “temporary” boat house can be read in an excerpt from the KCBC President’s notes [extracted from KCAS/5/32], written by Ralph Pickles in 1968/69.