Philanthropy has played a critical part in the King’s story since the foundation of the College in 1441. For more than 500 years, the College's endowment has enabled King’s to give creative and curious minds the opportunity to excel, to challenge and inspire, and to have an impact on the world out of all proportion to its size. Now the College must look to its future.
We are determined that King’s must continue to deliver world-class academic teaching and research, encourage talented applicants from diverse and under-represented backgrounds, and have the means to offer all the support they need to thrive here.
We are raising funds to support the following areas:
- to encourage and enable the best students from the widest variety of backgrounds to apply to and come to King’s, regardless of financial means
- to ensure that no student has to forsake their studies or be unable to benefit from a full part in College life due to lack of funding
- to create new funding for graduate students, to attract, retain and support more of the best candidates
- to enable our academics to continue to engage in world-leading and world-changing teaching and research
- to protect, preserve and enhance the physical fabric of our unique buildings and spaces, and equip the College to provide spaces fit for today and generations to come.
Philanthropy is vital to the future of King’s: it underpins our ambition. I want to see King’s rise to the challenges in education and inequality, and be a real catalyst for social change as we have been so often in our history.
Professor Michael Proctor, Provost
Launched in December 2018, the King’s Campaign is looking to raise £100 million to provide equality of access to every student who could thrive at King’s, and support for our students once they are here; to ensure that the College can continue to be a world-leading environment for teaching and learning; and to protect and preserve our unique historic buildings.
We are incredibly grateful to everyone who has already given so much, whether of your time, your engagement or your financial support. Everything counts; and small or large, one-off, part of a regular giving programme, or a legacy, every gift matters. Your donations have a direct and enduring impact.