Temporary Domestic Supervisor
The ideal candidate will have had experience working as a Domestic Supervisor within a Hotel or College environment and be willing and able to deal with the conferencing demands of the College out of term.
You should also have:
- Previous household/domestic experience (essential);
- A good command of English for verbal and written communication (essential);
- Experience in planning and strong communication skills (desirable);
- A passion for and a commitment to maintaining high standards of hygiene and cleanliness;
- The ability to prioritise and to motivate and influence the Housekeeping team on a daily basis;
- Experience in training new staff members and carrying out appraisals (desirable);
- An NVQ level 3 in Housekeeping or equivalent experience;
- A flexible yet well organised approach to work;
- The ability to cope with a varied and demanding workload;
- The ability to work with and cover for other members of the staff team during periods of absence;
- Knowledge of basic Health & Safety guidelines;
- The ability to use CASC and Forum (although full training will be provided);
- A flexible approach to working occasional weekends during busy periods.
- Reliable, with a methodical and thorough approach;
- Observant and able to report/follow up on any areas of concern.
Previous experience of working within an educational establishment in a campus environment would be an advantage.
You should be available to start work at the end of January 2019, and it is anticipated that the position will be available for at least three months.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 07 January 2019.
- 32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays) pro rata
- Car parking (when available)
- Meals on duty
Applications should be made on the form provided below, including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs. You should include under 'general comments' examples of relevant tasks in previous roles, showing how you meet the Person Specification. Completion of the Equal Opportunities form is optional.
You may submit a CV instead of completing the education and employment history parts of the form but should then take care to provide the information requested on the form (including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs).