We are seeking a Gardener to join our team on a seasonal contract from May-October 2019. This position will be for 20 hours per week, and there is flexibility around when the hours can be worked.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good horticultural knowledge,
- Good knowledge of mowing techniques,
- Good knowledge of plants,
- An ability to work as part of a team and with a minimum of supervision,
- Knowledge of First Aid (desirable),
- PA1 & PA6A (Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides) spraying certificates (desirable),
- Experience of operating and maintaining garden machinery (essential).
And will be:
- Conscientious, hardworking and reliable,
- Commited to producing work of a high standard,
- A capable individual able to work across all College sites.
Familiarity with the thorough operation of Health and Safety in the Workplace regulations is desirable, although training will be given.
- 32 days annual leave including Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Car parking (when available)
- May qualify for meals on duty (depending on working pattern)
Applications should be made on the form provided below, including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs. You should include under 'general comments' examples of relevant tasks in previous roles, showing how you meet the Person Specification. Completion of the Equal Opportunities form is optional.
You may submit a CV instead of completing the education and employment history parts of the form but should then take care to provide the information requested on the form (including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs).