Maintenance General Assistant/Handyperson
We are looking for a Handyperson to join our Maintenance team.
The ideal candidate will hold a City & Guilds or NVQII (or equivalent), and will have received trade-related vocational training along with being able to demonstrate previous work experience in a similar role.
You should also have:
- A current full clean driving licence;
- Good level of fitness with working knowledge of manual handling and working at height;
- Good level of attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of both hand and power tools using safe methods;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good time management skills;
- A flexible approach to working and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Good standard of personal presentation.
- Able to work as part of a team and under own initiative;
- Willing to work outdoors throughout the year.
Experience of working in an educational or College environment is desirable.
- 32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Car parking (when available)
- Meals on duty
Applications should be made on the form provided below, including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs. You should include under 'general comments' examples of relevant tasks in previous roles, showing how you meet the Person Specification. Completion of the Equal Opportunities form is optional.
You may submit a CV instead of completing the education and employment history parts of the form but should then take care to provide the information requested on the form (including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs).