We are seeking a Gardener to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Good horticultural knowledge gained through apprenticeship or NVQ
- Good knowledge of plants
- Commitment to producing work of a high standard
- Knowledge of First Aid (desirable, although training will be given)
- Wide experience of operating and maintaining garden machinery
- Familiarity with the thorough operation of Health and Safety in the Workplace regulations (desirable, although training will be given)
You should also be conscientious, hardworking and reliable and able to work across all College sites as part of a team and with a minimum of supervision.
- 32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Car parking (when available)
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided
Applications should be made on the form provided below, including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs. You should include under 'general comments' examples of relevant tasks in previous roles, showing how you meet the Person Specification. Completion of the Equal Opportunities form is optional.
You may submit a CV instead of completing the education and employment history parts of the form but should then take care to provide the information requested on the form (including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs).