Development Assistant: Donor Relations
We are seeking a Development Assistant to cover a period of maternity leave until 30 April 2019.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent and have previous experience in fundraising, alumni relations or other client/membership services, preferably in higher education.
You should also have:
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising policies, practices and procedures;
- Experience of writing for print and web;
- The ability to analyse information and data effectively;
- The ability to establish and meet individual and team goals in support of the mission of the Development Office;
- The ability to set, prioritise and meet goals and timelines and to work well under pressure;
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team, with your supervisor and within the College, as well as independently;
- The ability to work with a wide range of constituents, including students, academics, donors and volunteers;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Computer literate, including competence in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Tactful and diplomatic.
In addition, being flexible, adaptable, and having sense of humour are all a plus.
The hours are flexible, and we are happy to consider anything from 25 up to 37.5 hours per week.
- 32 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Car parking (when available)
- Meals on duty
Applications should be made on the form provided below, including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs. You should include under 'general comments' examples of relevant tasks in previous roles, showing how you meet the Person Specification. Completion of the Equal Opportunities form is optional.
You may submit a CV instead of completing the education and employment history parts of the form but should then take care to provide the information requested on the form (including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs).