Conference & Events Sales Executive
Conferencing & Dining at King’s has a justified reputation for exceptional food and wine served in a beautiful historic setting, and has become a popular venue for a broad spectrum of events including residential conferences, corporate dinners, executive entertaining receptions, awards ceremonies, celebratory events, and more. We are now looking for someone to join our team as a Sales Executive.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level with previous experience in an administrative role. Knowledge of College life both during and outside term time would be an advantage.
You should also have:
- Good knowledge of the industry (including sales, marketing, operations and hospitality);
- Effective organisational and planning skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both face to face and over the phone;
- Strong IT skills with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience in a computerised venue management system;
- Honesty and integrity when dealing with clients, colleagues and members of the College;
- A desire to learn and progress;
- Problem solving skills and the ability to keep calm under pressure;
- The ability and aptitude to learn to develop new systems and procedures according to the changing needs of the department and clients;
- Accuracy and attention to detail (essential);
- Good business acumen whilst managing the client’s expectations in a professional manner.
- Flexible in attitude and approach to work with the ability to multi task and reprioritise as necessary;
- Able to demonstrate patience, tact and diplomacy;
- Able to work well as part of a team in order to achieve customer satisfaction levels;
- Willing and able to assist and train newly appointed team members.
- 32 days annual leave
- Car parking (when available)
- Meals on duty
Applications should be made on the form provided below, including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs. You should include under 'general comments' examples of relevant tasks in previous roles, showing how you meet the Person Specification. Completion of the Equal Opportunities form is optional.
You may submit a CV instead of completing the education and employment history parts of the form but should then take care to provide the information requested on the form (including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs).