Assistant Conference & Events Sales Manager
The successful candidate must have previous office sales experience and knowledge of conferencing and events along with experience of supervision and administrative experience, including financial planning.
Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
You should also have:
- Sales and marketing experience;
- Good business acumen;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Events organisational and planning skills;
- Effective communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills in order to liaise with internal and external clients,
- Good knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to motivate subordinates;
- Able to develop new systems and procedures according to the changing needs of the department and clients;
- Able to demonstrate patience, tact, and diplomacy;
- Honest, reliable and hard-working with the ability to work to deadlines;
- Flexible in attitude and approach to work;
- Of smart appearance to ensure the best first impression is given in client contact.
- Lunch on duty
- 32 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Healthcare scheme (upon successful completion of probation)
- Free parking when available
Applications should be made on the form provided below, including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs. You should include under 'general comments' examples of relevant tasks in previous roles, showing how you meet the Person Specification. Completion of the Equal Opportunities form is optional.
You may submit a CV instead of completing the education and employment history parts of the form but should then take care to provide the information requested on the form (including salary history and reasons for leaving jobs).