Many theatres across the country will offer a small discount off ticket prices for students. But did you know that there are also some free membership schemes for students and under 26s that offer an even greater discount, and in some cases free theatre tickets? Here are just a few theatres and schemes:
- Darlington Civic Theatre - ArtsSpark Membership Scheme - free to join, and available to anyone under the age of 26.
- Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester - every Friday night they set aside 100 £6 theatre tickets for students and people under 26
- Young Barbican, London - for ages 14-25, over 50,000 discounted tickets across art, film, music, theatre and dance for just £5, £10 or £15.
- Young Vic, London - offering a number of £10 tickets for every production for full time students and people aged 25 and under.
- Tricycle Theatre, London - a limited number of £10 theatre tickets for under 26s
- Royal and Derngate, Southhampton - free and inexpensive tickets to under 26s
Or if opera is more your thing (or just something you're curious about!), Opera North have a membership scheme for under-30s that offers free or £10 tickets to select performances.
There are, of course, many more theatres with amazing student discounts so check out what's on offer at your local theatre.
Image: Matthew Paulson