Simone Biles competing in gymnastics. Credit: Agência Brasil Fotografias
As the Olympic Games in Rio continue, there are a whole host of articles coming up in the news and in journals discussing the events - and in particular, the science behind the games.
Here are just a few we've found:
- The science behind sprinter Usain Bolt's speed
- Why do swimmers wear two caps?
- Predicting exceptional performance at the Olympics in Rio: science or chance?
- On track: Technology for runners
- The science behind why an Olympic diving pool in Rio suddenly turned a swampy green
- Scholarly Olympics: How the games have shaped research
- A breakdown of how Simone Biles Defies Physics