Image credit: Marijn de Vries Hoogerwe
Do you live near a university? Do check for public lectures. For example, the INSIGHTS lectures at Newcastle University are free and open to all.
Attending university lectures is a brilliant way to inform, stimulate, and excite debate. These lectures aim to cover a wide range of disciplines and are a great way for you to explore contemporary issues, particularly those that affect our daily lives. Here is a taster of what is on offer:
- Tuesday 9 February - Do you know what you are eating?
- Thursday 11 February - Energy, and the theory of wealth
- Sunday 14 February - The consent of speaking harmony
- Tuesday 16 February - Does religion do more harm than good?
- Tuesday 23 February - Gertrude Bell and the ‘Woman Question’
You can also listen to recordings of previous lectures if you explore the archive section. You may find the recordings ordered by theme especially useful (click on the headings in the menu on the left of the page).