The Cambridge Festival of Ideas is a full programme of mostly free events encouraging you to explore the arts, humanities and social sciences, meet academics and students, and engage with the University.
If you are interested in faith and religion, you might enjoy some of the following events:
- Mon 20 Oct - Who am I? Buddhist angles.
- Tues 21 Oct - Are people born to believe?
- Tues 21 Oct - Fixed image & the created self
- Tues 21 Oct - Meet the Chaplains
- Wed 22 Oct - Identity and immortality
- Wed 22 Oct - ‘New Atheism’ in C17 England?
- Wed 22 Oct - Sport and religion in Britain today
- Thurs 23 Oct - Three theories of everything (booking required)
- Sat 25 Oct - Hindu identity in an age of migration (booking required)
- Sun 26 Oct - Festival Choral Evensong
- Mon 27 Oct - Health of the Church of England?
- Mon 27 Oct - The humanist condition (booking required)
- Wed 29 Oct - Identity politics & Anglican Church
- Thurs 30 Oct - Open-mindedness in science and religion (booking required)
- Thurs 30 Oct - Faith and national identity
- Fri 31 Oct - Medieval manuscripts of the Jewish festival prayer-book
- Sat 1 Nov - What is a Daoist?
- Sun 2 Nov - From the selfish me to the selfless self (booking required)