The Cambridge Festival of Ideas is a full programme of mostly free events encouraging you to explore the arts, humanities and social sciences, meet academics and students, and engage with the University.
Festival events with relevance to language and literature subjects include:
- Mon 20 Oct - How to Read
- Mon 20 Oct - Mother Tongue Other Tongue (Booking required)
- Thurs 23 Oct - How to Read
- Sat 25 Oct - Medieval storytelling 1
- Sat 25 Oct - Medieval storytelling 2
- Sat 25 Oct - Taster session in Modern Greek
- Sat 25 Oct - Mills & Boon: Greek Style (Booking required)
- Sat 25 Oct - The vanishing monolingual
- Mon 27 Oct - Using the classics to unveil children’s knowledge
- Mon 27 Oct - How to Read
- Wed 29 Oct - Poetry reading and discussion (Booking required)
- Thurs 30 Oct - Spoken English in today’s Britain (Booking required)
- Sat 1 Nov - Early-modern magazines? Japanese ephemera
- Sat 1 Nov - What is a Chinese character made of?
- Sat 1 Nov - What is a Daoist?
- Sat 1 Nov - Bilingualism: Health and education (Booking required)
- Sun 2 Nov - Wordplay: Creative writing workshop (Booking required)