Tony Blair in Davos in 2009. Credit: World Economic Forum
Key figures and commentators from the Blair years have been reflecting on Blair's legacy in the newspapers:
- John McTernan, 'Tony Blair: his legacy will be debated but not forgotten,' Telegraph, 20 July 2014
- John Rentoul, 'Two decades on, what is Tony Blair's legacy worth,' Independent, 20 July 2014
- Michael White, 'Twenty Years of Tony Blair: totting up the balance sheet,' Guardian, 21 July 2014
You could follow up on these assessments by reading more about Tony Blair in his own words...
- Tony Blair, The Journey (London: Hutchinson, 2010)
... and in the view of political scienitsts:
- Blair's Britain, 1997 - 2007, ed. by Anthony Seldon (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007)
How have assessments of Tony Blair's leadership and legacy changed over the course of the past twenty years and why?