A Raspberry Pi. Photo credit: Teardown Central
The Raspberry Pi is a flexible low-cost computer. It is great for experimenting with programming and electronics.
The Raspberry Pi website includes an introduction, quick start guide, software downloads and lots of other information to help you get started on all kinds of projects.
There are three models:
- Model A (15 British pounds / 25 US dollars)
- Model B (22 British pounds / 35 US dollars)
- Model B+ (22 British pounds / 35 US dollars)
There are lots of resources available online so if you have a particular interest, do search for it. Here are a few useful sites:
- Frequently asked questions about the Raspberry Pi
- Adafruit Tutorials
- Robot and sensors workshop
- BCPL Programming on the Raspberry Pi
- Google CODER for Raspberry Pi