After 15 October, King's applicants for 2018 and 2019 entry will receive an email directing them to this page. The page has been put up early for information.
This section will help you through the process - do keep an eye on it!
Thank you for submitting a UCAS form and applying to King’s. Below and in the sub-pages of this section, you will find the information you need for the next stages in the application process. This Applicant Information section is now your main source of information until January. Please read the page and links extremely carefully (you'll see that there's a chronological order), bookmark it, and refer back to it regularly. It is essentially the Admissions Office notice board, and you will miss important and useful information and forms if you do not read it.
- Current notes for applicants
- Information for 15-22 October (SAQ etc.)
- After submitting your UCAS form and SAQ (22 Oct-5 Nov)
- Invitation to interviews in Cambridge (15-30 Nov)
- For applicants invited to interviews in Cambridge (late Nov-12 Dec)
- Contacting King's Admissions Office
Current notes for applicants
- Welcome to the Applicant Information section! We'll email everyone who has applied to King's a few days after the 15 Oct deadline to introduce ourselves and give everybody the link to this information about the next stages of the application process.
- Information about the application process from beginning to end is given on the how to apply page - there's an overview at the top then details about each part underneath.
- 16 Oct note: We plan to email the vast majority of applicants by the end of the 18 October and will post here to confirm when done.
-18:00 UK time on 19 October -
COPA form (students from outside the EU).
Recomended deadline to send any information that was missing from your UCAS application in order to have these in your application file from the beginning e.g. Extenutaing Circumstances Form or predicted grades.
-18:00 UK time on 22 October
SAQ (and transcript where relevant).
-18:00 UK time on 22 October
Adjustments form (disability, Specific Learning Difficulty, long-term illness or extra time in exams for any reason).
- Contacting King's: Once you have submitted a UCAS form, please start all correspondence with us with your full name, subject (including biological or physical if it is Natural Sciences) and UCAS number. We strongly prefer contact by email. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details.
- We will be in touch with any applicants who missed the 15 October registration deadline for subjects that require a pre-interview admissions assessment in about a week.
- Current FAQ's: This page is updated with answers to frequently asked questions from current applicants throughout the admissions process.
SAQ / Transcript / Adjustment form
(Information for 15-22 October)
If you do not receive your SAQ email when you expect to, please check your spam / junk folders in case it has gone there. If you still do not find it or have problems / queries about filling in the form, please contact the SAQ helpdesk who will be happy to help (01223 333308 / email@example.com). It is also worth consulting the SAQ page on the Cambridge Admissions website, which includes a guide to completing the SAQ.You can check whether you need to send a transcript using this flowchart.
Adjustment forms are also due in by 22 October (if relevant). This is needed if you declared a disability, learning difficulty or long-term illness on your UCAS form (whether or not you need an adjustment), or if you normally receive adjustments for exams you take at school. Please read this information and download the form.
After submitting your UCAS form and SAQ
(Information for 22 Oct-7 Nov)
It is essential for all King's candidates to read the following page very carefully indeed and take whatever action is required:
The pre-interview notes contain information about written work that you may have to send in to arrive by Wednesday 8 November 2017, as well as details of admissions assessments, interviews, and any additional things you need to do for your subject.
|3 Nov. 2017||UMS form||
All applicants taking modular A levels must send in this form
|8 Nov. 2017||Written work and coversheet(s).||Please read the written work page for details of which subjects require written work, what is needed and guidelines (including details of how and where to send it).|
|8 Nov. 2017||
Fee status questionnaire
Applicants for Medicine need to send in a fee status form. We will contact all applicants for the Medicine course with a reminder shortly after the SAQ deadline. You can download the form here:
|8 Nov. 2017||Confidentiality form||
All applicants to King's College need to send in a signed confidentiality form. We accept this form by post only! We will contact all applicants with a reminder shortly after the SAQ deadline. You can download the form here.
Invitation to interviews in Cambridge
(Information for 15-30 Nov)
Interviews at King's will take place between Monday 4 December and Tuesday 12 December 2017 (inclusive). Please keep these dates free.
Provisional interview dates by subject
last updated 22 September.
The page above tells you which dates we expect to interview for each subject. These dates are provisional and may change. It is important to keep 4-12 December free.
The initial assessment of your application and scheduling of interviews and tests will take us some time. We will write to you in the second half of November to let you know if you have been selected for interview and give you your interview timetable if relevant.
We send interview invitations (or letters to say that you have not been selected for interview) both by email and by post to all applicants. For information, we will let you know on this page when we have sent emails / letters for your subject so if anything goes astray you will know and can get in touch
Applicants for the following subjects should have received an email from King's:
- Emails sent 08/11: Computer Science
- Emails sent 10/11: History of Art
- Emails sent 10/11: Philosophy
- Emails sent 13/11: Mathematics
- Emails sent 13/11: Archaeology
- Emails sent 14/11: Architecture
- Emails sent 15/11: Law
- Emails sent 15/11: Music
- Emails sent 16/11: Linguistics
- Emails sent 17/11: Economics, Natural Scienes Biological
Applicants for the following subjects will also receive a letter by post:
- Letters posted 08/11: Computer Science
- Letters posted 10/11: History of Art
- Letters posted 10/11: Philosophy
- Letters posted 13/11: Mathematics
- Letters posted 13/11: Archaeology
- Letters posted 14/11: Architecture
- Letters posted 15/11: Law
- Letters posted 16/11: Linguistics
- Letters posted 17/11: Economics, Natural Sciences Biological
If your subject is listed above and you have not heard from us (either by email or by letter) within five working days of when we wrote to you, please get in touch with us.
If you are having an overseas interview, this section does not apply to you - please ignore it. If you have received a letter and document from Dr Flack this is NOT an invitation to interview. Please read the covering letter (the one with your address on it very carefully).
Overseas (i.e. non-EU) students will be sent a document by post which, when presented with an interview invitation, will enable them get a visa. If you are currently studying in an EU country but would need a visa to enter the UK for an interview, please email us as soon as possible to let us know.
For applicants invited to interview in Cambridge
(Information for late Nov-12 Dec)
Many of the documents in this section will be added nearer the time.
- Interview confirmation form To be submitted by ALL applicants who have received an invitation to interview. The deadline will be given in your invitation.
- Food booking form (If you need food on the day of your interview)
- One night's accommodation request form (if relevant)
- Film / King's interview guidelines / Cambridge resources
- Pre-interview notes for candidates
- Getting to King's for your interview
Practical arrangements in King's
(helpdesk / meals / accommodation / library)
- Sitting admissions assessments and other tests / pre-interview reading during the interview period
- Map of King's (2D or 3D) virtual tours, and directions for finding rooms in King's (available in early December)
- Cambridge University Maps
- Visas for interviews in the UK
January: Decisions for all applicants
We will send decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants in early January. The Cambridge Admissions website has information about the possible outcomes. Further detail about when and how you will hear from us will be available nearer the time.
Contacting King's Admissions Office
Please help us to help you by including the details we need at the start of every message.
To enable us to work efficiently, we ask you to start all emails / letters with the following information:
- Your full name (as you wrote it on your UCAS form: please do not use alternative or shortened names)
- Your subject (including 'Biological' or 'Physical' if it is Natural Sciences)
- Your UCAS Personal ID.
- Your requested interview location (if it is not Cambridge,UK)
We strongly prefer you to contact us by email if possible: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other contact details:
Undergraduate Admissions Office