King's College Chapel is famed for its choral services, in particular the evensong services and the Christmas Eve service. The Choir usually sing the services during term time, which you are welcome to attend. You can listen to live recordings of our services via our webcasts.
- Chapel Services Booklet (Lent 2019)
Open in full page view
Daily service updates on Twitter
Orders of services are tweeted the day before each service.
Sermons are put online on the sermons page.
The Chapel services run between:
- 22 and 23 September 2018 (Alumni weekend)
- 29 and 30 September 2018
- 2 October - 1 December 2018 (Michaelmas Term)
- 15 January - 15 March 2019 (Lent Term)
- 18 April - 21 April 2019 (Holy Week and Easter Day)
- 23 April - 16 June 2019 (Easter Term)
- 26 April - 7 July 2019 (Long Vacation Term)
Note: for Easter services see also Easter at King's.
- Choral services are held at 5.30pm from Monday to Saturday, and at 10.30am and 3.30pm on Sunday.
- The full Choir sing on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Monday's Evensong is sung by King's Voices, the College's mixed voice choir, and Wednesday's Evensong is sung by the men's voices only.
- Please note, no Evensong is held on Mondays during the Long Vacation Term.
- Doors open 15 mins before each service from Monday to Saturday and 20 mins before on Sundays. We regret to say that late admission to services beyond the screen is not generally possible.
- This schedule may vary in some weeks. Please check the latest service booklet for details of the services.
Daily said services
In addition to our choral services, more intimate acts of worship are offered each weekday in one of the side chapels. Normally, Holy Communion is celebrated at 12.30 p.m. If there is a Sung Eucharist in the evening, the 12.30 p.m. service that day will be the Office of Readings, at which we hear and reflect on passages both from the Bible and from the great spiritual writers. There will be signage in the Chapel each day specifying where these services are being held.